Hand Sanitizer Gel Formula
Hand sanitizer gel is an efficient way of keeping your hands clean and germ-free when there is no water to wash them. The gel formula of the sanitizer makes it a great anti-bacterial product, as it gets dry when applied to the hands. It protects germ and viruses like flu, diarrhea, and COVID 19.
Hand sanitizer ingredients
- Alcohol: Ethanol (ethyl alcohol) or isopropyl alcohol (isopropanol) is the primary active ingredient in hand sanitizers. It is responsible for killing germs and bacteria on the hands. The alcohol content in hand sanitizers typically ranges from 60% to 95%.
- Water: Water is added to dilute the alcohol and to make the solution easier to apply .
- Emollients: Hand sanitizers often contain emollients, such as glycerin or aloe vera, to help counteract the drying effect of alcohol on the skin. These ingredients help to moisturize and soothe the hands, preventing excessive dryness or irritation.
- Thickeners: Some hand sanitizers use thickeners like carbomers or cellulose-based polymers to give the product a gel-like consistency, making it easier to apply and reducing dripping.
- Fragrance: Fragrances are added to mask the strong odor of alcohol and provide a pleasant scent. However, many hand sanitizers are also available in unscented versions.
- Preservatives: Preservatives may be included to maintain the stability and shelf life of the product, especially if it contains water.
- Additional Antimicrobial Agents: Some hand sanitizers may contain additional antimicrobial agents, such as benzalkonium chloride or chlorhexidine gluconate, alongside alcohol for added germ-killing power.
- Colorants: Some hand sanitizers may contain colorants to give them a specific color, although many are clear or have a slight coloration due to their other ingredients.
Hand sanitizer gel properties
- Antimicrobial Action: Hand sanitizer gel contains alcohol, usually in the form of ethanol or isopropyl alcohol, which has proven antimicrobial properties. It can effectively kill a wide range of bacteria, viruses, and other germs on the hands.
- Portable and Convenient: Hand sanitizer gel is available in small, portable bottles or dispensers, making it easy to carry and use when you’re on the go or in situations where handwashing facilities are limited.
- Quick Drying: The gel formula evaporates very quickly without the need for water, leaving the hands feeling clean and dry after use.
- Non-Irritating (with proper formulation): Good-quality hand sanitizer gels have an ability to gentle on the skin and usually contain moisturizing ingredients to prevent dryness and irritation with frequent use.
- Promotes Hand Hygiene: Hand sanitizer gel is an essential tool in promoting hand hygiene and preventing the spread of infections, especially in healthcare settings, public places, and during travel.
- Versatility: While hand sanitizer gel commonly use on hands . Some formulations may have to disinfect small surfaces like doorknobs, smartphones, or shared objects.
- Apply a Generous Amount: Squeeze a sufficient amount of hand sanitizer gel into the palm of one hand. The recommended amount is typically enough to thoroughly cover both hands.
- Rub Hands Together: Rub your hands together, ensuring that the sanitizer gel covers all surfaces. It including the back of the hands, fingers, fingertips, and nails.
- Keep Rubbing Until Dry: Continue rubbing your hands together for about 20-30 seconds or until the gel evaporates and dries completely. This allows enough time for the alcohol to work effectively.
- Hand sanitizer gel is for external use only . Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid using hand sanitizer on visibly dirty or greasy hands. In such cases, handwashing with soap and water is more effective.
- If your hands are visibly dirty , wash them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
Hand sanitizer gel is a valuable tool in promoting hand hygiene in the absence of soap and water . To choose a hand sanitizer gel with an alcohol content of at least 60%, as lower concentrations may be less effective in killing germs. Always follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer for the best results.
With the spread of the coronavirus, the demand for the had sanitizers has increased . You can produce it on a small scale at home or in a laboratory with some equipment and ingredients. Hundreds of Hand sanitizer brands Products have registered in all over the world because of skin infection.
Let us make the quickly drying, fast action antiviral and anti bacterial hand sanitizer gel.