- sodium alginate is colorless or light yellow colored powder
- It uses in many industries which is given below.
- Becomes thick when dissolved in water.
- Not soluble in alcohol
- Highly flammable
- Non toxic
- It is obtained from brown sea weeds.
N-F, F-C-C, technical grades are available in the market.
Sodium Alginate Uses
- It uses in the making of food products as an emulsifying agent.
- Also used in ice cream, boiler compound, medicines, textile printing, and, paper coating.
- Used in water based paints and cement.
- To thick the liquid products as thickening agent