- Its other chemical name is carbon bi sulfide
- It is clear, colorless or light yellow liquid crystal which is odorless in its pure form
– 30 OC
– 111 OC
AUTO IGNITION TEMPERATURE
- Soluble in alcohol, benzene and ether
- It is mixed in organic compounds
- It is produced by the friction of natural gas or petroleum with sulfur.
- It is highly flammable and explosive in nature and can cause explosion even by rubbing it.
- Very poisonous
- It is used in the preparation of carbon tetra chloride, solvent –adhesives , and cellophane.