- It is nonmetallic element with atomic number 16
- Atomic weight: 32.06
- Pure sulfur is present in two forms. A and B (Alpha and Beta)
- 444.6 OC
- 405 OC
- Sulfur is insoluble in water in its both forms.
- Highly soluble in benzene and carbon di sulfide.
- It is not poisonous in nature and is fire catching in nature.
- It is obtained in its natural form and found in the countries ;Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Poland, Canada, USA, Mexico, and, Japan
- Present in many grades e.g. technical, rubber makers, N-F, Edible, Refined, pure.
Sulfur is a widely used element. Its discovery brought revolution to many nations. Sulfuric acid, made with sulfur is associated with many other chemicals.
Sulfur is used in many industries. Some of the industries are:
- Homeopathy, Greek and English medicines
- Fireworks and gun powder
- Sulfuric acid and chemical dyes
- Carbon disulfide
- Rubber vulcanizing and petroleum refining
- Pharmaceutical and insecticides
- Anti-fungus, detergent, cosmetic. Rubber and in the manufacturing of all sulfide type chemicals.