Alcohol has many other names like ethanol, ethyl alcohol, and green alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, rubbing alcohol . Alcohol is using in the preparation of a number of common chemicals now a days.
- 100% pure alcohol is an absolute alcohol. It is present in pure form with its characteristic smell.
It has a characteristic bitter taste
It is highly soluble in water, methyl alcohol, ether and acetone
- BOILING POINT
78.3 degree Celsius
REFRACTIVE INDEX: 1.3651
SURFACE TENSION: (at 20°C) = 23.0 m N/m
VISCOSITY: (at 20°C) = 0.0141 Pa s
VAPOR PRESSURE: 43mm
SPECIFIC HEAT: 0.618 KJ
FLASH POINT: 55 degree Fahrenheit
BOILING POINT: 78 degree Celsius
FLASH POINT: -117 degree Celsius
There are many methods of preparation of Alcohol. The most common method among all is Fermentation. It forms by using ethylene.
The Alcohol forms by fermentation method. The main sources to produce it are grapes, sugar cane juice and other fruits.
95% by volume, absolute.
- It is highly inflammable and catches fire easily
- Its tolerance in air is 1000 ppm
- Ethyl alcohol is mostly used in the medicines that affect the brain, and cause drowsiness. The adverse effects of alcohol leads to sleepiness and weariness in the body and with headache and sometimes vomiting. A person loses his memory and senses. If it is consumed in a large quantity, it may cause loss of consciousness and even death.
- To use as a solvent to dissolve hydrocarbon
- Alcohol is used in the preparation of acetaldehyde
- Many chemical pigments contain alcohol as one of their components
- In the preparation of ethylene, ethyl hexanol, butadiene and acetic acid
- Alcohol has vast application in cosmetic and pharmaceutical industry
- To preserve medicines and as an anti freezing agent
- well working in transparent soap
- It is explosive in nature and can be used in high explosive material.