LEAD OXIDE RED OXIDE
It is also called red lead or red oxide and lead tetroxide.
- Lead oxide is a dark shiny red color powder
- It is slightly soluble in acids but insoluble in water
- 8.32 to 9.16
- Technical, 95%, 97%, 98%
- Its dust is very poisonous
- It is used to refine alcohol
- Also used in manufacturing of varnish
- Also used in glass and ceramic making
- Ceramic glazing is done using this compound
- It is present in many fireworks materials and in paints that are used to prevent metal from rusting.