- It’s the tenth most manufactured chemical in America.
- Its other names are Aqua forties, azotic acid
- It is clear colorless or yellow colored fuming acid that absorbs moisture from air
- It causes suffocation and is prepared in the aqueous crystals
- It can affect all kinds of metals
- The yellow color indicates that it is releasing nitrogen dioxide. It happens only when the acid is left open in the air
- Nitric acid can be prepared using many formulas like high pressure oxidation of nitrogen tetra oxide.
- Soluble in water
- It is very active flammable acid that catches fire, also a strong oxidizing agent
- Preparation of ammonium nitrate to produce fertilizers and explosives, rubber processing, dyes, paints, cellulose nitrate making, hair dyes, potassium nitrate, sodium nitrate, silver nitrate etc.
- Nitric acid is also used in the following formulas of electroplating.
Used to separate nickel coating from steel, Coloring tin formulas, coloring aluminum, coloring cadmium black and brown, Used in coloring metal and steel, platinum and silver deposit formulas, zinc die casting, nickel deposit, copper and its compounds, stripping of electro deposits, de-scaling and pickling formulas.