Detergent Cake Powder Formula
Detergent Cake: A detergent cake is a solid, bar-shaped laundry detergent. It’s a less common form of laundry detergent compared to liquid and powder detergents. Detergent cakes are often used in regions with limited access to water or for handwashing clothes. Users typically rub the detergent cake directly onto wet clothes to create a lather for cleaning.
To make detergent cake powder, you will need the following ingredients and materials:
Detergent cake powder Ingredients:
1. Sodium carbonate (washing soda)
2. Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda)
3. Sodium silicate
4. Sodium sulfate
5. Sodium tripolyphosphate (optional, for enhanced cleaning)
6. Surfactants (such as sodium lauryl sulfate or alkylbenzene sulfonate)
7. Optical brighteners (optional, for whitening effect)
8. Perfume or fragrance (optional, for pleasant scent)
9. Colorants (optional, for visual appeal)
Materials and equipment
1. Mixing bowl
2. Measuring spoons and cups
3. Plastic gloves
4. Protective eyewear
6. Mold or container for shaping the detergent cake
7. Plastic wrap or parchment paper
8. Mixing spoon or spatula
9. Drying rack or tray
Procedure to make detergent cake powder
1. Put on your protective gear, including gloves, eyewear, and a mask, to ensure safety during the process because the safety first.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: sodium carbonate, sodium bicarbonate, sodium silicate, sodium sulfate, sodium tripolyphosphate (if using), and any other optional additives like optical brighteners or colorants. Use the appropriate measurements according to your desired batch size because it brings standards. Stir well to ensure even distribution of the ingredients.
Mixing the contents
3. Gradually add small amounts of water to the dry mixture while stirring continuously. The goal is to achieve a thick, dough-like consistency. Be careful not to add too much water, as it can make the mixture too runny.
4. If desired, add fragrance or perfume to the mixture and mix thoroughly. This step is optional and can be adjusted according to personal preference .
5. Once the mixture is well-combined, transfer it to a mold or container of your choice. You can use a rectangular soap mold because a cupcake molds, or any other shape preferred . Line the mold with plastic wrap or parchment paper beforehand to make it easier to remove the detergent cake later.
6. Press the mixture firmly into the mold using your hands or a spoon, making sure it is evenly distributed. Smooth out the top surface for a neat appearance.
7. Leave the detergent cake in the mold to dry and harden. This process may take several days, depending on the temperature and humidity of your environment. Place the mold on a drying rack or tray in a well-ventilated area, away from direct sunlight.
8. Once the detergent cake is completely dry and hard, carefully remove it from the mold. If it doesn’t come out easily, you can gently tap the mold or use a knife to loosen the edges because no damage to soap mold.
9. Allow the detergent cake to cure for a few more days in a dry place before using. This will help it become more solid and long-lasting because it makes the shape of detergent.
10. Finally, store the detergent cake powder in an airtight container to prevent moisture absorption and maintain its effectiveness.
Detergent cake making product guide
You want to make either a single kg weight of detergent or to make metric ton because it is the place where you can find the professional skill and stat of the art detergent making products formulations in a very short period of time within low price.
If you want to make a true product at industrial scale then buy a professional formulation of cake detergent making by exact ratio of the chemicals.