General Purposes Over Print Varnish Formula
General purpose overprint varnish (OPV) is a type of varnish that is used in the printing industry to provide a protective and enhancing coating on a wide range of printed materials. It is applied over the printed surface, typically after the ink has dried, and offers several benefits.
Key features general purposes over print varnish formula
- Protection: The primary function of general-purpose OPV is to protect the printed materials from external factors that can cause damage or degradation. It forms a protective barrier that guards against abrasion, moisture, fading, and UV radiation. This helps to extend the lifespan and durability of the printed materials.
- Gloss and matte finishes: General-purpose OPV is available in different finishes, including glossy and matte. The choice of finish depends on the desired visual effect and the specific requirements of the printed materials. Glossy finishes can enhance the vibrancy and shine of colors, while matte finishes offer a subdued, non-reflective appearance.
- Enhancing appearance: OPV can enhance the overall appearance of printed materials by providing a consistent and smooth surface, improving color vibrancy, and adding depth to the image. It can give a polished and professional look to the printed materials.
- Chemical and scratch resistance: General-purpose OPV can offer resistance against certain chemicals, scratches, and scuffs, protecting the printed surface from damage during handling, transport, or general use. This improves the longevity and quality of the printed materials.
- Compatibility: It is important to ensure compatibility between the general-purpose OPV and the specific inks, substrates, and printing process used. Testing on a small scale is recommended to ensure proper adhesion, compatibility, and desired results.
- Drying and curing: General-purpose OPV requires proper drying and curing to achieve its full properties. This is typically done through natural drying, heat curing, or exposure to UV light, depending on the formulation of the varnish. Proper drying and curing ensure that the varnish adheres well to the printed materials and provides optimal protection.
- Customizability: Some general-purpose OPV can be customized with additional features, such as scuff resistance, high gloss, or specific tactile effects. Custom formulations can be developed based on specific requirements or desired effects.
Product making guide
Consulting with the CFS manufacturer and supplier of general-purpose overprint varnish is important to understand the manufacturing, raw material with processing techniques of specific application and usage guidelines. We can provide guidance on the appropriate varnish formulation, application techniques, and drying/curing requirements based on your specific printing needs.
General purposes over Print varnish formula offers a versatile solution making business in the printing industry to protect and enhance the appearance of a variety of printed materials.