High Gloss Ink for Paper and Paperboard
High gloss ink for paper and paperboard formulation is a type of ink used in printing applications where a glossy finish is desired on paper-based materials. It is commonly used in offset printing, flexographic printing, and some digital printing processes.
Key characteristics high gloss ink for paper and paperboard formulation
- High Gloss Finish: The ink is formulated to provide a shiny and reflective finish on the printed surface, enhancing the visual appeal of the printed materials.
- Water-Based Formulation: Water-based inks use water as the primary solvent or carrier instead of petroleum-based solvents. This makes them more environmentally friendly, with lower VOC emissions and reduced environmental impact compared to solvent-based inks.
- Quick Drying: Water-based inks are designed to dry relatively quickly, allowing for efficient printing processes and reducing the risk of smudging during handling.
- Low Odor: Water-based inks typically have a lower odor compared to solvent-based inks, which is beneficial in indoor printing environments and applications where odor may be a concern.
- Good Adhesion to Paper and Paperboard: The ink is formulated to adhere well to various paper and paperboard substrates, ensuring that the print remains durable and resistant to rubbing or smudging.
- Color Vibrancy: Water-based high gloss inks can deliver excellent color vibrancy and sharpness, producing attractive and eye-catching printed materials.
- Good Opacity: The ink offers good opacity, meaning it can effectively cover the underlying surface and provide a consistent and solid color appearance.
- Resistance to Abrasion: Water-based high gloss inks are designed to withstand abrasion and handling, maintaining the gloss and quality of the printed surface.
Ink making guide
The water-based high gloss ink may require specific printing equipment and techniques, as it behaves differently from solvent-based inks. Additionally, the choice of ink should be compatible with the printing process and the specific type of paper or paperboard being used.
Ink can be a complex medium, composed of solvents, pigments, dyes, resins, lubricants, solubilizers, surfactants, particulate matter, fluorescents, and other materials. Key raw materials the ink industry relies on such as Benzene, Toluene, Ethylene and Propylene which make the Ink in any ink factory.
Buy our high gloss ink for paper and paperboard formulation make your business in Ink manufacturing.