Super Gloss Floor Polish Formula
Creating a commercial-grade floor polish involves more complex and specialized formulations that may require specific chemicals and equipment. Acrylic-based emulsion repels unwanted dirt and grime from the floor, giving it a pretty and bright appearance. It protects the ground by making the surface slip-resistant. The high-performance formula of the emulsion requires you to do one coat to get the desired results. However, if the floor is old and worn out, you may need to do two or three coats to create a finished appearance.
Floor polish products formulation
- Polymers/Resins: Polymers or resins are the primary film-forming agents in floor polish. They create a protective and glossy layer on the floor’s surface. Common polymer types include acrylics, polyurethanes, and epoxy resins.
- Solvents: Solvents are used to dissolve and disperse the polymer and other ingredients evenly. They help with the application and drying of the polish. Common solvents include water, alcohols, and glycol ethers.
- Plasticizers: Plasticizers are added to make the polish more flexible and resistant to cracking. They help the polish maintain its shine even with foot traffic. Common plasticizers include phthalates and adipates.
- Emulsifiers: Emulsifiers help mix oil-based and water-based components in the polish. They ensure a stable and consistent product.
- Fillers: Fillers are often used to add bulk and texture to the polish. They can also improve slip resistance and durability. Common fillers include talc and silica.
- Surfactants: Surfactants aid in the dispersion of the polish and help it adhere to the floor. They can also improve the polish’s cleaning properties.
- Colorants and Pigments: If you want a colored floor polish so you can add suitable colorants and pigments.
- Fragrances: Fragrances to give the polish a pleasant scent because it brings good feelings..
- Stabilizers and Preservatives: These substances extend the shelf life of the product and maintain its quality.
- Biocides: Biocides can be included to prevent the growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria in the polish.
You can use a simple sponge mop to apply the chemical on the floor because it application is so easy.