- It is famous gum which is obtained from pine trees
- After the distillation of gum, oil is separated and rosin is obtained in dry form
- Its color is chocolate brown and its present in the form of shiny pieces
- It is soluble in alcohol benzene, carbon disulphide, ether and oils
- Also soluble in alkaline solution
- Its smoke is dangerous and cause irritation; care should be taken while heating
USES It is used in hot melt and pressure sensitive adhesives, varnishes, solid ring compound, insulating compound, soap making, detergent making, paper sizing and polyesters, printing inks and phenyl making.