- It is also called table sugar..
- Sucrose is odorless and is present in the form of solid crystals or powder.
- It is soluble in water and less soluble in alcohol.
- No harmful effects
- It is obtained from sugar cane and beet root
- Regent, U-S-P, Technical and refined
- It is used to sweeten the drinks and food products like jam, bakery and confectionery products.
- Sugar has a wide application in pharmaceutical industry
- Detergents, caramel and cosmetic products making also involve in using sugar.