AMMONIUM DI CHROMATE
Ammonium dichromate is also called ammonium bi chromate.
- It is present in the form of orange crystals and needles.
- Melts on slow heating too
- Soluble in water
- Prepared by the reaction of chromic acid on ammonium hydroxide
- Ammonium chromate is poisonous in dust and liquid form
- It causes irritation in eyes and on skin. So it is necessary to keep them away from this chemical compound.
- It is highly explosive and should be kept away from oxidizing agents and other organic materials.
- It is used as a mordant in dying
- The chemical is used in the preparation of pigments and paint industry
- It is also used in chrome alum and artificial fragrances.
- Photography, lithography and engraving have application of ammonium di chromate
- It is used in explosives, chromic acid and to clean oil.