- Potassium nitrate is transparent granulated compound. Also available in powdered from.
- It has a resisting salty taste. It also Absorbs moisture from the air.
- Highly soluble in water and glycerin
Less soluble in alcohol
- Less poisonous in nature
- Upon heating, proves to be explosive.
- Strong oxidizing agent
- It is used in explosives and match industry
- Also used as a fertilizing agent and in glass making.
- It acts as an oxidizing agent.
- Also used in heat treatment tempering salt bath formulation and also used in food products.