- Its alternate chemical names are gum camphor, camphanon
- Less soluble in water
- Soluble in alcohol, chloroform, ether, solvent naphtha, carbon di sulfide and oils
- 174.0 to 179.0 OC
AUTO IGNITION TEMPERTURE
- Technical, B P, U-S-P grades are available in the market.
- Can catch fire upon heating
- Less poisonous
- It is obtained by the steam distillation of the wood of camphor tree
- Used in medicine, solvent nitrate solvent, explosive materials, lacquers, insect killing compounds, tooth powders, tooth paste, flavoring agent.