- TARTARIC ACID is present in the form of colorless, odorless and shiny crystals or powder
- It tastes bitter and salty
- It is highly soluble in water alcohol and ether.
- 170 degree Celsius
- It is harmless
It is obtained by the chemical reaction of maleic anhydride and hydrogen peroxide
- CP F-C-C
TARTARIC ACID USES
- It is used in the preparation of Tartar cream.
- It is used in making of fruit salts, baking powder and photography.
- Ceramic, textile and for the coloring on metal also use this chemical compound.