- It is the famous member of silicate family that is known for its shine and resistance
- Present in the form of very soft and shiny sheets and powder
2.6 – 3.2
- It is not flammable
- Can bear heat up to 600 degree Celsius
- Also present in red, brown and greenish yellow color
- It is present in its original form in America, India and Brazil
- Can also be prepared synthetically
- Can cause irritation if gets stuck in throat
- Can also be dangerous for lungs
- Block, sheet and single crystals
- Dry ground, wet ground
- Rubber making, glass and ceramic, filling agent in paints, roofing, boot polishes, mold release agent, insolating paper making, wall paper and wall board joint cement.
Used in preparing cosmetic products like eye shadows, highlighters, make up stick, beauty cream, nail polish, lipstick, face makeup, shampoo and blushers.